A very high yielding diploid Italian ryegrass which displays strong year-round growth and strong persistence where conditions allow.
Surge is fast establishing, has high forage quality, is late heading enabling pasture quality to be carried through longer into early summer, and has very low aftermath heading (ie it returns to vegetative state quickly).
Surge can perform very well into a second year given suitable conditions and is suitable for dairy, beef and sheep.
- Strong autumn, winter and spring growth
- Will produce high yields into early summer when conditions allow
- High ME for increase livestock performance
- Highly palatable
- Late heading, with low aftermath heading
- Strong tiller density for improved yield and persistence
- Strong persistence. It can perform very well into a second year given suitable conditions
- Suitable for over-sowing into run-out pastures or as a specialist short term ryegrass crop.
Not available in New Zealand.
Australian Agent: Notman Pasture Seeds
||18-24+ months (subject to climate, insect pest pressure and management)
||20-25kg/hectare as sole grass species
8-12kgs in pasture mixes
||Autumn and Spring
|Surge Italian Ryegrass|
|Find a seed supplier near you|
If you have a question about Surge Italian Ryegrass then please contact us using the form below - we'll be happy to assist you with your enquiry...