A fine leafed, very densely tillered and late heading diploid Italian ryegrass with very fast establishment and re-growth, very strong growth over all seasons and very good persistence.
Sonik is particularly noted for its strong autumn-winter growth activity advantage relative to other Italian and Westerwolds annual ryegrasses, and has very soft, lush highly digestible leaves.
- Extremely high dry matter production across all seasons
- Exceptional cool season activity
- Very fast establishment and re-growth
- Very high metabolisable energy content
- Very densely tillered (20-50% more tillers than other Italian ryegrasses tested)
- Late heading to maintain feed quality for longer into spring
- Soft, lush digestible leaves
- Exceptional rust resistance
- Very good persistence where conditions allow
||12-24+ months (subject to climate, insect pest pressure and management)
||20-25kg/hectare as sole grass species
8-12kgs in pasture mixes
||Autumn and Spring
|Sonik Italian Ryegrass|
|Find a seed supplier near you|
If you have a question about Sonik Italian Ryegrass then please contact us using the form below - we'll be happy to assist you with your enquiry...