Raider is a new and very persistent and high yielding diploid perennial ryegrass which has been selected for superior persistence under attack from insect pests such as black beetle, Argentine stem weevil and pasture mealybug.
Raider is late heading, with low aftermath heading, is rugged and dependable and is highly ranked for persistence in industry trials.
Raider contains the NEA2 endophyte for good animal health and insect control.
Available through New Zealand retailers only.
- High yielding across all seasons; but with strong cool season growth
- Very strong persistence relative to competitor varieties in industry trials
- Late heading with low aftermath heading
- Contains the NEA2 endophytes for good animal health and insect control
- Particularly suited to upper North Island farming conditions where insect pests such as black beetle, Argentine stem weevil and mealybug are present
- Excellent disease resistance
||5+ years (subject to climate, insect pest pressure and management)
|Where it fits:
||For those wanting high performance and strong persistence under pressure from insect pests such as black beetle, Argentine stem weevil and pasture mealybug. Suited to dairy, beef and sheep.
||18-20kg/hectare in pasture mixes with 3-4kgs of clover, plus 2-4kgs of herbs (chicory and/or plantain) if desired.
||Autumn and Spring
|Raider Perennial Ryegrass|
|Find a seed supplier near you|
If you have a question about Raider Perennial Ryegrass then please contact us using the form below - we'll be happy to assist you with your enquiry...