Appeal has shown consistently high yield performance in trials around New Zealand, with fast establishment, high winter, early spring production, and an ability to hold on well over the summer, even under moderate insect pressure.
Appeal is nearly two weeks later heading than traditional Italian ryegrasses, enabling it to maintain forage quality for longer into summer.
Appeal produces high quality forage, of high nutritive value, high digestibility and high palatability. In addition, it has strong disease resistance including against rust, resulting in improved animal acceptance. And unlike some Italian ryegrasses, Appeal will not cause grass staggers.
- Consistently high yield and cool season performance
- Very persistent, even under harsh management conditions
- Bounces back from hard grazings well
- Won’t cause grass staggers or heat stress
- Very late heading for carrying pasture quality longer into spring
- Very low aftermath heading (returns to vegetative state quickly after heading)
- Very palatable
- Ideal for use as a short term, high quality feed, or for oversowing into damaged or run-out pastures to extend their life
||18 - 30 months (subject to climate, insect pest pressure and management)
||Autumn and Spring
|Appeal Italian Ryegrass|
|Find a seed supplier near you|
If you have a question about Appeal Italian Ryegrass then please contact us using the form below - we'll be happy to assist you with your enquiry...